me

name: julieanna
alias[es]: julie, jules, stretch, gazelle, elkie, tall girl, boss, string bean, mabel (or was it myrtle?..), jolly green giant
starsign: stereotypical sagittarius
birthday: november 29th.





here's all you need to know:
6' tall.
beer snob.
workaholic.
reforming insomniac.
oh, and my legs are longer than yours.

my favorites

post secret
explodingdog
my inspiration
waiter rant

in a nutshell:
the good...
... and the bad
flickr pics
webshots
myspace = addiction

shameless plugs:
dp226 (jim)
ayyyy dios mio! (bradley)
the easily amused (james)
tell me a story... (noelle)

requisite viewing =p :
istanbul
particle man

archives

March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
December 2008
February 2009
March 2009

Thursday, December 01, 2005

in the past 2 weeks, we've had thanksgiving break and I TURNED 21

i worked all but two nights during thanksgiving break... no rest for the weary i suppose.

TUESDAY was my 21st birthday. let's see.... i went to dinner with lauren at the Macaroni Grille, where i got a $9 glass of wine to celebrate the occasion... damn server didnt even card me. whats that all about?! :p. after a rushed dinner, we swung by lydia's to pick her up, then were off to the wood n' tap. after a few drinks there, we hit koji.
to be completely frank, the rest of the night is a bit of a blur, but i can tell you that i had about 13 drinks... which is hardly a record breaker for me. we figured out this morning that the mix of wine to start, followed by a white russian (hello heavy cream!) was bad enough, but then throw in the quail eggs i ate at koji, and its no wonder i puked. but such is life on your 21st birthday. i crashed at christa's place in suffield. she was kind enough to help me nurse the horrendous hangover. i called out of work for the first time EVER (note: i have called out of work before, but on account of actual illness, and on doctor's orders. first time on my own accord because i just didnt feel like working)... but after seeing me like that the night before, how could my boss possibly force me to come in?

so here i sit at 2:20 in the am, recalling how only 24 hours ago i was passed out in a meditation room... fittingly it was one of the best nights' sleep ive had in ages. as christa noted "no, that wouldnt have anything at ALL to do with the fact that you were piss drunk, now would it?"

i love my sisters (all three of them).

and on a random note: my newest musical guilty pleasure: "dance, dance" by fall out boy.


i've also rediscovered my love for mike doughty's acoustic sets. i've been listening to "smofe + smang" and his set from the paradise in boston (my first doughty show), and i've become smitten with him all over again.

you are the drinks i drink and keep drinking and fall down stumble
all of the things i think and keep thinking
and fall down, stumble
oh, these tears are bound to fall
i'm no prize for you, no trophy too
keep walking through
and i'm not worth a dime, i'll drag you down
dont waste your time

jules was lost in thought at 2:10 AM

Comments: Post a Comment

* * * * * * *